Includes: cholesterol, tryiglycerides, HDL cholesterol and LDL cholesterol.
Lipid Panel Online Blood Test
- Cholesterol - There are two main groups of fat in the blood, cholesterol and triglycerides. Increased cholesterol may lead to arteriosclerosis (hardening of the arteries), diabetes, thyroid, liver and pancreatic disease.
- Triglycerides - This blood fat is also involved in arteriosclerosis, diabetes, thyroid, liver and pancreatic disease. They may be elevated in the 200-400 range if you have eaten within 10 hours of the blood draw. If your results are in this range and you did not fast, a repeat evaluation should be obtained.
- HDL (High Density Lipoprotein) Cholesterol - This is the "good" fat-protein combination. The higher the value, the lower the risk of developing heart disease. HDL can be increased with regular aerobic exercise, monounsaturated fats such as olive and canola oils, and cessation of smoking. Mild use of alcohol (one or two glasses of wine per day) has been reported to increase HDL.
- LDL (Low Density Lipoprotein) Cholesterol - This is the "bad" fat-protein combination, and the lower the LDL the better. The higher the LDL, the higher the risk of developing heart disease. This level can be decreased with reduction in fat intake, weight control, and regular exercise. Because this value is calculated using the triglyceride result, fasting is important for an accurate LDL and triglyceride result.
Note: This Lipid test is also a component of the Comprehensive Health Profile ($59). Therefore, you would never need to order both tests at the same time.
Estimated time to receive results is 1-2 days.
Preparation: you should fast 12 hours prior to this test, unless you are diabetic or pregnant. Fasting means abstaining from food and any non-water drinks. Do drink plenty of water while fasting and continue with any prescribed medications.
Please be advised, that our services are strictly self pay and are not eligible for submission as a claim to your health insurance provider. However, you can submit the receipt for reimbursement to many Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts for reimbursement.
Sample of Lipid Panel test
For more Information on any of your online lab test results
- Consult your physician
- Review the information on the independent, non-profit web site: labtestsonline.org.
These are not intended as diagnostic comments, but only to give you sufficient information for further discussion with your physician. It is important that you promptly consult your physician regarding any abnormal findings. 7600
Please enter details below to search the lab nearest to you.