Terms & Conditions | Health One Labs Online Lab Tests
HealthOneLabs.com is a company that provides direct lab services through our national laboratory partners. When you purchase a lab, you agree to be bound by the following terms & conditions:
HealthOneLabs.com reserves the right to make changes to the terms & conditions at any time and they will be effective immediately upon posting to the internet.
- You agree to order your test from the website according to the instructions and to truthfully and accurately answer the information as requested. You will safely protect your password, not disclose it to others and use a password that is secure with integrity.
- You agree that you are at least 18 years old.
- Refunds are never permitted if you have already submitted a urine or blood specimen at the lab center. Otherwise, full refunds honored for 30 days after your order for any reason. After 30 days, no refunds available for any reason.
- Unused requisitions for orders will no longer be valid after one year from the original purchase date, no credit or additional services will be provided in exchange for unused requisitions after one year from the original purchase date. Please note, requisitions that have not been used within 90 days from the date they are issued may have to be reissued to you due to LabCorp purging unused requisitions from their system.
- You agree that a lab test purchased through HealthOneLabs.com does not constitute medical advice. The test results are not a diagnosis, treatment or protocol for any disease or condition and it is recommended that you discuss all results with a qualified health professional. You also agree that the lab test results can be inaccurate through no fault of HealthOneLabs.com or the ordering physician. You agree that it is your responsibility to consult your own physician about your lab results. You understand and agree that neither HealthOneLabs.com nor the ordering physician is your medical provider and that no patient/physician relationship exists or will exist as a result of your lab test order or your lab results. You agree that your test results are provided for educational purposes only and you agree to follow-up with your own physician if have any question about your lab results or do not feel well.
- The materials on the site are provided "as is" without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, no infringement of intellectual property or fitness for a particular purpose. HealthOneLabs.com offers no assurance of uninterrupted or error free service. HealthOneLabs.com does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained on the site. Any of the information offered on the site may change at any time without notice.
- Information on this website is for informational purposes only. HealthOneLabs.com and the ordering physician make no express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever with regard to the services provided. HealthOneLabs.com and the ordering physician shall not be liable for any cost or damage arising either directly or indirectly from any transactions conducted or information conveyed on the website. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all opinions, advice, services, merchandise and other information provided through the Service.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless HealthOneLabs.com, and it’s officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers and any third party information providers to the Service, including the ordering physician, from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from any violation of this Agreement by you.
- Permission to use this site is at the discretion of HealthOneLabs.com and may be terminated at any time for any reason. Any text or structure from this website is solely for the use of ordering lab tests via the website and you agree not to copy any portions of the website. You also agree not to use the website for illegal purposes.
- You acknowledge and accept that Health One Inc., the ordering physician and the laboratory may be compelled by state or local statue to report you abnormal laboratory result to the local health department. In Virginia, for instance, the Commonwealth requires the laboratory and physician to report most positive STD tests and abnormal lead levels to the local health department.
- By using a discount code associated with your physician's office, you are allowing us to disclose the results of your lab test to the physician providing you with the discount code.
- By using a discount code associated with your workplace, you are allowing us to disclose the fact that you have participated in the lab testing process.
- By placing an order with us, you agree to receive email marketing that provides promotions and health information. At any time you may opt out of these emails as indicated on the email.
- When you place an order, Health One sends you an email with a click-on link (not password protected) to your lab form. Health One also sends you such an email link to your lab results (not password protected) when they are final. If you do not want these notification emails with links, you must coordinate with Health One in advance of placing your order by calling (703) 534-6766.
- The agreement shall be construed and enforced under and in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia. Any lawsuit arising under this agreement shall be litigated in a Virgina state court with jurisdiction for the County of Arlington, Virgina and the parties waive any objections they might have to jurisdiction and/or venue in that court
- Positive or test results outside normal limits do occur and a physician will typically re-order lab tests for confirmation.
- You agree not to resell lab testing services provided by Health One. You agree not to order a Health One lab test for another person and charge that person for the Health One Lab test under any circumstances.
- You agree to use www.HealthOneLabs.com only to order lab tests for yourself or on behalf of a family member.
- HIV Testing Consent (only applies when ordering an HIV test): I or my physician have requested that a blood tests for Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) be performed. The blood test(s) are used to detect HIV antibody or DNA. HIV is the cause of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS). I understand that the test is performed by drawing blood from the arm and processing the resulting blood specimen by either ELISA, Western Blot or other laboratory technology. I have been informed that the tests can produce false positive and false negative results. For HIV, antibody testing, the ELISA screening test produces three false "positive" (indicating the presence of anti-HIV when it is not present) test results in every 10,000 specimens processed, regardless of population tested. Also, I have been informed that, if positive, the ELISA test will be repeated, and if still positive, a secondary level test (Western Blot) will then be performed. The combination of these two tests reduces the possibility of a false positive HIV antibody result to a very small fraction per 10,000 tests processed. I have been informed that the ELISA screening test fails to detect anti-HIV for a period of time immediately after infection with the virus. I have been offered re-testing if it is suspected that this has occurred. The ELISA screening test may fail to detect anti-HIV in rare cases. My physician has explained the following to me in language that I understand; the nature of the blood tests, it's expected benefits, it's risks, and alternative tests. I understand that positive test results must be reported to the appropriate State Health Division. Confirmed HIV antibody tests results will be made available beyond that only in summary or statistical form in such a a way as to preserve my confidentiality. I have acknowledged that I have given my consent for the performance of a HIV blood test and the release of the results as described above.
- I have read the previous information and I understand it. By checking the box on the order form, I acknowledge that I have been given all of the information that I have requested concerning the blood tests and the release of results.